Interested in becoming a member of Cecil County Classroom Teachers Association?
Why Join CCCTA?
CCCTA is made up of teachers, counselors, therapists, psychologists, and other certificated personnel who work at Cecil County Public Schools.
CCCTA is a democratic organization, comprised of member leaders. The association supports and promotes members’ input through voting, direct communication, a network of Faculty Reps/Building Reps in each school and Members-at-Large who serve on the Board of Directors as well as opportunities for members to serve on committees locally and at the state level.
- supports and strengthens your working conditions and salary through negotiations and advocacy at the local and state level.
- promotes professional excellence for members and high quality instruction for students.
- offers members protection from arbitrary or unjust treatment and represents members with grievances.
- promotes human and civil rights in education and society.
- brings members’ professional concerns to the attention of the legislature and lobbies for pro-education legislation at the local and state level
- provides advocacy and information on current legislation and educational issues and supports pro-education candidates
- monitors implementation of education legislation and local compliance with state and federal legislation.
- provides members with legal assistance in employment-related areas.
- members are protected with $1,000,000 professional liability insurance
- members have access to Attorney Referral Program for personal legal problems
- members can take advantage of a variety of NEA Member Benefits programs and discounts that save money and provide valuable services only available to our members
When you become a CCCTA member, you also join MSEA (the Maryland State Education Association), and NEA (the National Education Association) and receive all the supports and benefits of each level of the organization. CCCTA members are affiliated with and a part of largest educational organization and labor union in the state and the nation!
Join us and make your voice heard!